Roasted Chicken Breast with Bacon Quinoa by Etch Food
1 Chicken Breast with the Skin On
250g Chicken Stock
20g Pancetta Diced
1 tsp Chopped Chives
2 Spring Onions
Half a Lime
Salt & Pepper
- Place the quinoa on a baking tray and add 100g of the chicken stock. Cover the tray with tin foil and bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes until the quinoa becomes fluffy. Then take it out, cover and leave to one side to cool.
- Render down and caramelize the pancetta, then set it to one side.
- Take the spring onions and split them in half, then char them in a hot pan with a little oil and salt.
- Put some oil in a frying pan, and when it’s hot place the chicken breast skin side down and cook until the skin turns crispy. Then flip it over, add the remaining chicken stock and cook in a hot oven (180) for 10 minutes.
- Take the chicken out the oven and let it rest on a chopping board. Put the frying pan back on the heat and reduce the remaining liquid, finish with a knob of butter, some salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime.
- Put the quinoa into a small pan and warm through, then stir in the bacon and finish with the chopped chives and parmesan.
To plate up give a generous couple of spoonfuls of quinoa, and place the charred spring onions next to it. Take the well-rested chicken breast and place it on the quinoa. Then pour over your luxurious chicken glaze.